INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ON THE ASIAN ECONOMIC COMMUNITY 2015 IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANNUAL MEETING OF THE INDONESIAN UNIVERSITIES POSTGRADUATE MANAGEMENT FORUM
“Improving University Involvement in Asian Economic Community: Challenges and Opportunities”
Tadulako University, 25 May 2015
After more than 40 years of establishment, ASEAN has been a successful regional organization promoting economic, cultural, social and political cooperation regionally and internationally. The consensus of building ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) with political, security community and socio-cultural community in 2015 has expressed a new step in the process of ASEAN cooperation.
To support the successful implementation of AEC, active participation from various stakeholders is required. In implementing commitment towards establishing AEC 2015, the current main challenge is the awareness of the AEC community has not been extensive. Many ASEAN members are impatient in implementation and infrastructure and involved mechanisms have not met practical requirement.
Facing the above challenges, universities need to contribute and provide some solutions to take the advantage of the opportunities. The role of universities becomes important to bring together leaders, policy makers and key influencers to debate the challenges and opportunities to establish the AEC. In line with this argument, an international seminar related to this strategic issue will be held in Tadulako University in 2015.
The seminar aims to enhance academic and practical exchange and provide a forum for scholars, local and international professionals and practitioners to discuss university involvement in participating and contributing to the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) 2015.
– Economic and Business Development
– Health and Education
– Agribusiness and Food Security
– Mining and Environment
Keynote Speaker– Prof. Dr. Ir. Muhammad Basir, S.E., M.S. , Rector of Tadulako University, Indonesia
– Prof. Dr. Elke Pawelzik*, Professor at Institute of Agricultural Chemistry, Department for Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, University of Gottingen, Germany – Prof.Chris Hickey, Professor at School of Education, Deakin University, Australia
– Dr. Hirotsugu Kamahara, Professor at Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering, Toyohashi University of Technology, Japan
– Dr Aris Ananta, Senior Research Fellow at Institute of Southeast Asia Studies, Singapore
– Dr. Visaka Anantavat, Lecturer at School of Agricultural Technologi Walailak University, Thailand.
*) to be confirmed
Abstract and Full Paper Submission
Abstract and Full Paper should be submitted electronically via e-mail to the conference secretariat email@example.com. The ISAEC 2015 abstract and full paper templates are available for downloading at here
- Abstract Submission Deadline : 06 April 2015
- Author Abstract Notification : 13 April 2015
- Full Paper Submission Deadline : 25 April 2015
- Seminar Date : 25 May 2015
- Presenter IDR 500.000,-
- Seminar attendance IDR 150.000,-
Name : Panitia Forpimpas
No : 0365229809
Seminar Organizing CommitteSchool of Postgraduate Studies Tadulako University.
Central Sulawesi, Indonesia Jalan Soekarno Hatta Km. 9 Palu Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telp. 0451-429378 Fax. 0451-455961
Contact person : Andi Arham Adam, Ph.D +6281387408555
Wahyuningsih, Ph.D +081341338567
Prof. Rusdi, Ph.D +085299215085
Email : email@example.com
VenueMedia Center Tadulako University
Palu – Indonesia